So you shaved (or are thinking about shaving) the sides of your hair. But, you still want some versatility. I have great news. There are a lot of things that you can do with your unshaved hair to give you great styling options that keep your style varied and fun. Check them out below.
1. Cornrow and Roll created by PrettyDimples – Doing a mixture of cornrows and a pin-up can give you a very chic, fashionable look.
2. Loc It Up. You can do temporary loc extensions if you want a nice funky look. The great thing with this too is that it can potentially cover your sides for work if you’re in a corporate hairstyle.
3. Braid It Up. If you can’t be bothered with the loc extensions, braids are a great alternative that give you a similar style.
4. Design Central. You will no doubt be getting your sides hooked up every month so you have the opportunity to play with the sides every month. Play with different designs but remember that this look has to be maintained at least every 2 weeks to keep it looking neat. There are countless designs out there. Check Pinterest for inspiration.
5. Straighten Things Out. Blow-dry and flat iron your mane for a really different look. Have fun with it but don’t skimp on heat protectant. You don’t want ashy ends and dry, brittle hair.
6, Go Colour Crazy. Colour is probably one of the most fun ways to experiment with your hair and your look. Just be sure to keep it professional for the job. It’s great to have a funky hairstyle but haircut and colour may be a bit too much so keep your life demands in mind.
7. Braid It, Twist It, Bantu and Release. Braid-out, twist-outs and bantu knot-outs give a great variety of curls on your hair.
So, if you have shaved sides, enjoy the versatility of the hairstyle, go crazy and have fun. It’s going to be out of style in a couple of years anyway. YOLO. 😉