HOW TO CREATE THE PERFECT AFRO PUFF HAIRSTYLE
- Try to start on stretched hair. This doesn’t necessarily mean blow-dried. It could just have been hair in a bun.
- Optional – apply gel or a little water to the hair to prepare for smoothing.
- Smooth the hairline and front to prepare for the hair band. This can be done with your hands or a brush.
- Apply the band to the hairline then smooth it backwards until you have positioned the puff in a place you like.
- Scrunch the puff with your hand to shape.
HOW TO MAINTAIN YOUR AFRO PUFF
- Cover the front of your hair nightly with a scarf to keep the front smooth.
- Put a bonnet over the remainder of your hair nightly.
- Mist your hair with conditioner and water in the morning for moisture.
- Add oil if needed to seal in the moisture.
- Scrunch your hair into the shape you desire.
- Reapply the headband or stocking if needed.