I received some natural hair products for review from Sherelle, owner of the Jamaican based company, Asherlee Naturals, and have been trying them out for the last few months. For this post, I will be reviewing the Aloe Vera & Honey Hot Oil Treatment.
The product label describes the hot oil treatment as a vitamin and protein enriched conditioner that moisturises. Uhm… too much protein actually makes hair brittle so that is a little confusing. Regardless, at the end of the day I am completely in love with this product.
I used the product as directed below.
|Asherlee Naturals Hot Oil Treatment Information|
- The Hot Oil Treatment is superbly moisturising.
- The ingredients are all natural and the preservative listed in the ingredients (Optiphen Plus) is paraben and formaldehyde-free preservative.
- The packaging makes the product very easy to use.
- The product is thick and doesn’t have a ton of fillers.
- A little goes a long way so there is good value for money.
- The product is affordable.
- I found that my hair is far less frizzy after using this product so I would say that it reduces frizz.
- Gives long-lasting effects and doesn’t need to be used more that once or twice a month.
- You may have a little trouble washing it out. I recommend using it as a pre-poo before a sulfate-free conditioning shampoo.
- I don’t recommend using more than once a month if you have problems with humidity and puffing of the hair because I would regard this as a humectant which means that it draws in moisture to the hair.
LOVE, Herbal infused Sunflower oil, Olive oil, Coconut oil, Aloe Vera, Castor oil, Avocado oil, Honey, Essential oil (Tea tree, Lavender, Rosemary) and Optiphen plus.
Did you read the ingredients? They are ridiculously great. Essentially, this product is a hot oil moisture treatment infused with honey which is known for it’s very moisturising humectant qualities.
Learn more about the Asherlee products by watching the video below.