|Seasoned Ackee Rice
|Ackee (Jamaica’s National Fruit) in a naturally opened pod.
- 2 cups cooked ackee
- 1 large carrot cubed (optional)
- 2 cups pumpkin (optional)
- 3 cups brown rice
- 1 cup coconut milk or 1 small pack milk powder
- 4 cups water
- 1 de-seaded scotch bonnet pepper
- thyme to taste
- 4 stalks escallion
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 a medium bell pepper
- french thyme or sage (optional)
- salt to taste
|Seasoned Ackee Rice without pumpkin and carrot
- http://sildenafil100mgbuy.accountant viagra vs sildenafil Watch the video at the end of this blog post to learn how to prepare ackee for use to avoid poisoning.
- Add ackee to a pot of boiling water and cook for 20 minutes or until soft/cooked.
- If using a rice cooker, add all of the ingredients and set to cook.
- Boil water.
- Add coconut milk and coconut oil to boiling water.
- Add carrots after 5 minutes.
- Put remaining ingredients and stir occassionally.
- Lower flame when rice becomes visible.
- Simmer for 50 minutes or until rice is cooked to desired texture.
This meal serves 6-8 people and can be serves with a salad if no carrots or pumpkins were used to help balance out the meal.