Check for curls that may need to be re-curled and dipped in hot water
Dry hair under a hooded dryer or air dry .
- An inexpensive but beautiful protective style
- Can be kept in for a good deal of time, although I don’t not recommend they be kept in longer than 4-6 weeks
- Easy to maintain and you can take care of your hidden natural hair while sporting this style
- flexible for styling and hair/scalp care
Right After the Install
- Oil Your Scalp as necessary. I use my Whipped Shea Butter Mixture. You can buy a whipped shea butter HERE.
- Whipped Shea Butter Mixture
- Put hair in a “pineapple” position (which is basically gathering all the hair from the nape up in a super high ponytail at the top of the head)
- Sleep with Satin Bonnet
In the Morning
Is the hair dry ?
- If yes, then we can use oil sheen or simply oil (Olive oil , Jojoba oil , Argon Oil)
How are you edges ?
- Dry ? Moisturize with Whipped Shea Butter Mixture
- Need to be laid ? – Use Ossion Ultra Wax Aqua , it provides hold without drying out your edges
Are there any stray ends ?
On Wash Day
- Hair is best washed in the shower.
- Apply a conditioning shampoo directly to scalp and massage gently. I always choose to use a conditioning shampoo as opposed to a co-wash while I sport any protective style. This is because it will not make my hair as soft and allow base canerows/cornrows to become loose, hence, improving the longevity of the style .
- Allow water from the shower to beat down on the top of the head while you gently massage scalp and gently run fingers through crochet braids in a downward motion
- Towel dry the hair
- Add a small amount of leave-in conditioner throughout Crochet Braids. Cover your hair with a shower cap or plastic bag for at least ten minutes. This, although an optional step, allows hair to be somewhat rehabilitated and also allows the hair to regain softness .