if you are looking for a hairstyle that can be worn to work and then to your favourite band’s concert later that night, this style is for you. Not only is it quick and easy (if you know HOW TO CORNROW) but it can also be worn for multiple days if you tie it carefully at night.
For this style, you will need:
- The ability to cornrow. If you don’t know how, we have a blog post teaching you how HERE.
- Stretched natural hair (whether blow-dried, banded or otherwise stretched in twists or a bun).
- A hair band/hair tie
- A moisturiser
- A comb to detangle and/or section your hair
- A brush, edge control product or gel to smooth your edges
- A hair pin to secure your rolls in place or any lose hairs
- A hair spray for overall hold
- An oil sheen spray if desired
If you have these items and love this style, try it out. See the full video tutorial below.
[youtube id=”0asrKE4luJM” width=”667″ height=”356″]
- Edge Control – Jireh Edege Control – This products eliminates even the need for a brush, but you can use one if you’d like. Also, it doesn’t flake and has true staying power the just keeps on giving – perfect for day to night.
2. John Frieda Frizz Ease Moisture Barrier Firm Hold Spray
This product works great on things like twist-outs and braid-outs without the crunch feel of spritzes from back in the day. Use it to give you that extra hold when wearing your style from day to night. What’s best? This product lasts a while and is super-duper affordable.