For all the ladies trying to figure out whether they should grow out their relaxed hair while doing ting trims or just go in for the big BC, I thought I’d give my advice. It’s really a personal decision I’d say so here are some things to consider.
- Will I be comfortable with short hair?
- Can I style my hair? (This works both ways.)
• Some women like the BC period to learn to style their hair.
• Some women prefer to learn to style longer hair because it’s often a bit more manageable. Learning to plait or cornrow on short hair etc can be difficult.
• Some of you guys were plain ol’ lucky. You already know how to cornrow, plait or twist your hair and will be close to a master stylist with little or no effort. If that is the case, I’d say go ahead and BC and enjoy styling your hair. Doing the BC really takes you on a lovely journey of getting to know your hair.
- Which do you prefer? Many women hate having the trouble of two textures. Remember that there might be a day you can’t get to the salon to get your hair done. Will you be able to handle it?
Good Luck one your journey to fabulous kinky hair.