This is the first hairstyle in my 25 Transitioning Hairstyles Challenge. This style takes 5-10 minutes to complete. I have been transitioning from relaxed to natural hair for 11 months.
Do the following steps or view the tutorial at the end of this video to see how you can recreate this style.
- Finger detangle your hair. Your hair does not have to be fully detangled with a comb to achieve this style. I started with somewhat of a chunky braid-out. CLICK HERE to see how I prep my hair at night.
- Part hair into two sections down the center of your head from front to back.
- Flat twist or roll each section of your hair upwards from the back. Always ensure that you are rolling towards the centre of your head.
- Secure the roll with a pin.
- Extend the rolls at the front as twists and pin the hair to the front of the opposite side at the front to create the desired pompadour.
You can also just roll everything back into one easy pompadour.
- Brush your edges. Add gel if needed for extra hold and that’s it. Your transitioning hairstyle is complete.
Watch the video tutorial for extra styling tips below.
[youtube id=”H-ZXdUJCU_4″ width=”667″ height=”356″]